I'm mad. I'm sad. I'm adrift.

 I woke up this morning feeling mad and sad. It's now been 13 days since the first MRI indicated likely metastatic cancer in her liver. It's been a week since the definitive diagnosis. We've been unable to talk to anybody at the cancer agency for a week. At this stage -- where we don't know what's next, it is torture. We've turned to ChatGPT to ask our questions. In case this isn't obvious, it shouldn't be our job to research what is going on. That's why we have doctors.

*

Update: We just heard from our oncologist today. He says he hasn't been able to even schedule the needle biopsy. So instead he's going to start treatment and modify it if the needle biopsy shows something he doesn't expect. It's frustrating not to be able to get diagnostics done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But I feel too healthy to have cancer...

Today my wife thinks she's getting a shank to the back

Today we meet with the oncologist