Anonymous no more, and why I'm blogging this

 Cancer (and I assume other serious diseases) naturally trigger a desire for privacy. The first several posts on this blog were made anonymously in order to maintain privacy.

On balance, though, a serious disease can't really be kept private from the people who matter, the people who you care about. After all, what are they if not your friends, family and support network. And why keep it private.

My dad passed from Merkel Cell Carcinoma and blogged everything in order to help others with MCC. I continued the blog for him after he become too ill to keep it up. In honour of his effort to help others, I've blogged my own rare disease, CPT2 deficiency. To honour my spouse and my dad, I'm now blogging my journey, our journey. I got great satisfaction from helping people through both my dad's blog and my own. I hope that the information we put here will help somebody, somewhere, navigate this horrible challenge.

I have a tendancy to write books instead of blog posts, but I realize that 100 short posts may be more helpful than 5 really long posts. I'm going to try to keep these brief and on a single topic. Watch me fail at that. For me, getting it out is cathartic. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But I feel too healthy to have cancer...

Today my wife thinks she's getting a shank to the back

Today we meet with the oncologist